Monday, September 18, 2017

Madden Reunion 1992


In June 1992 the descendants of Francis Martin Madden & Isabel Louis Haffey gathered in Redwood City, California.  Well, most of us.  Efforts to contact the family of son Thomas were unfruitful, as always.  It remains my great hope that one day I will meet one or more of his sons (Jeff, Mike & Stu).

Anyway, I think nearly everyone else made it including newly adopted Mariah...just a few days old and the size of her new Daddy's hand.  Joining us also was second cousin, Mike Madden and his wife, who were living in California at the time.  Missing was Pat who was unable to make it from Pittsburg, PA where he was clerking for the appellate court.  He might have made it BUT he needed a vacation for a much more important gathering later in the summer!

Reunion planning is not among my great skills, but we had a great time in Edgewood Park none the less.

Although, I got together with some Marquelings and Thorntons after this gathering, I believe it is the last time most of the family saw these cousins.

Madden Reunion 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment